Monday, September 13, 2010

Irons in the fire.

I've got so many projects in the fire, it's ridiculous. I guess it's a good thing that Kate and I are working, but it would be nice to have one or two manuscripts finished and polished. I know she's just as eager as I am to start that agent hunt. I think one of our biggest worries is that big "What now?" that comes when we are finished. We know how to write, we know how to edit, she knows how to pick scabs, so I think we've just got to get out of our comfort zone and plunge ahead.

Besides, this isn't brain surgery, though it sure does feel like it. 

To get done list as of now:

Your side of Midnight: Rogue's curse. Our first finished book until we seriously overshot the word count. We're trimming it up and have enough to make two books out of. I'm starting to think that that's a bad idea, if we dedicate ourselves to that course, it could hurt the story. 

Sacha, our delightful illustrator, is getting art ready for the books as well. She's working on character sheets when she has the time and giving me back some very good things. I'm lucky to have found her, the woman is self taught and is just amazing. Her lines are uniquely hers and I really want to see her shine.

This is Nicolas Desmardais, or Nix as he's commonly known.

















I'm excited to see what else she has in store for us, and when she digs out another main character or two for Midnight, I'll pop them up here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment