Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Begone Discouragement!

We can do this, we can do this, we can do this, this is not a waste of our time, we can do this.

I need to start chanting this. Kate and I got about 1,000 words written tonight before I crapped out with overwhelmed feelings of lost hope. I can't help but to feel the size of a pinhead when I see the work of other budding authors. I read their work and wonder "Why in the world aren't they published yet? They're amazing!" They have professional voices, they've been to college, got a degree in English and everything else they reached out for.

I wasn't able to get that. I can't speak for Kate, but what I write comes from the seat of my pants. I look up to these people, and I still can't get over the fact that they're waiting to be published. If they aren't, then it makes me feel as if I have no chance at all.

I don't want to give up, but am I good enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment